I find motivation and inspiration EVERYWHERE! I mean…I could see an insect running across the concrete for its hiding place in the grass, and be inspired to write about running and hiding from life (seriously, that really happened)!
Putting aside the fact that a walk through my inspired brain would be a trippy, psychedelic experience for most people, there are women whom I have never met whose stories, presence, example, advice, and so much more…. inspire and invigorate me!
When things like tough decisions, difficult conversations, uncomfortable scenarios, inaction, anger, or when I start whooping it up at a pity party in my honor, I think WWTWD (What Would These Women Do?). Then, I consider one (or more) of their examples to help get me through whatever it is…And I thank them for that!
I have read many of their books, watched their documentaries and specials, seen their speeches, watched their performances, enjoyed their shows, watched their TEDTalks, and YouTube videos, seen them interview, be interviewed and more!
The 14 women listed below remind me of the following truths:
- All things are possible!
- It’s ok to dream, but without action, what’s the point?
- Authenticity is required in order to act with real integrity.
- Creativity is beautiful, not something to be ignored or hidden.
- Be comfortable with vulnerability “put it out there” remembering that not everyone deserves to hear your story.
- Move your body!
- Laugh A LOT, and really, Really, REALLY hard…like, as much as possible!
- Don’t “sell-out” for fame and/or money!
- Be fierce!
- Do what brings you joy, the money will follow.
- Don’t let anyone TELL you who you are!
- Speak-up for yourself and others.
- Own your truth.
Dance…like no one is watching!
- Stand with your partner, don’t hide behind them.
- Vulnerability is not weakness!
- Do not own or accept shame from others.
- Be brave and courageous!
- If it isn’t scary, it is not brave!
- Never make decisions from fear.
- Your past does not define you!
- Be relentless in the pursuit of your goals!
- If the person/people with opinions are NOT in the ring WITH you, they don’t get to tell you how to fight!
- Be open, candid, and direct without the intent to hurt or harm others.
- You are smart enough, you know enough, you can learn enough, you are pretty enough…YOU ARE ENOUGH!
- You don’t NEED any other person, event, or thing, to complete you!
- Age gracefully.
- There is no “one size fits all” definition of a woman.
- Keep the promises you make to yourself.
- Do what you say you will do.
- Be unbiased about EVERYTHING.
- Define YOUR (personal/professional/life) values.
- Check your negative self-talk!
- A sister tribe is critical, no matter how few members you have.
- Do not take shit from anybody!
- Celebrate your Spirituality.
- Keep your ego in check.
- Be kind, but not a fool!
- Do not run from the hard stuff!
I’d amputate my left pinky finger to sit with any one of them, barefoot, on a big comfy couch, sippin’ a cup of coffee or a glass of wine opining about life.
I tried to list them by importance but their value to me depends on where my mind is at any given moment. Thanks to Biography.com I’ve added links to their bios in case you want to check them out.
And here they are…
- My Mom
- Oprah Winfrey
- Ellen Degeneres
- Maya Angelou
- Michelle Obama
- Brené Brown
- Mel Robbins
- Rachel Hollis
- Jada Pinkett-Smith
- Tiffany Haddish
- Tina Fey
- Tina Turner
- Betty White
I have mad love and all out bow down respect for these women. No, really!
Who’s on your list? I’d love to check our your favs if you’re willing to share!
I celebrate women everywhere no matter what size, ability, skin tone, race, hair, age, orientation (sexual or otherwise), gender status, or whatevs, we are all beautiful!
Let’s encourage, motivate, invigorate, inspire, and love each other. This, my sweet lady friends, not only makes us better, it makes the world better.
Thank you for inspiring other women around you!
Love, Light and BEING a little bit BETTER every day!
© 2019 All Rights Reserved